4 Days Mount Kenya Trekking - Sirimon Route
Much more picturesque than Naro Moru and it is on the drier side of the mountain that offers some of the most beautiful walks. Hike through the rainforest up a wide ridge to the summit area. The route begins on the northwestern side of the mountain at Nanyuki. The ascent is reasonable and the sleeping berths are the best on this side of the mountain. Although Mount Kenya summit can be reached in 4 days, we strongly recommend an overnight stay at the Nanyuki base. This can be arranged for an extra charge. If you arrive from Diani Beach, you will be in Nanyuki one day earlier to acclimatise.
Day 1: Nairobi / Sirimon / Judmier Camp (Old Moses Camp) 3-4 hours, 9km, 860m altitude difference
They leave Nairobi at 8 am for lunch in Nanyuki, which takes about 4 hours. If you arrive the day before from Diani Beach, you are already in Nanyuki. You drive to Sirimon Gate, 1 hour, 2440m. From the gate you drive uphill through the rainforest, which becomes a heathland after about 3 hours. About 3½ hours away from the gate the route leads directly to Judmier Camp for dinner and overnight stay at 3300m. L, D
Day 2: Judmier Camp / Shipton Camp 6-7 hours, 14km, 900m ascent
After breakfast, follow the road uphill and turn left at the crossroads. After one hour from Old Moses Camp (Judmier Camp), the trail crosses the river Ontulili. Then turn right through the moorland and cross Likii North, then uphill to Mackinders Valley, from where you have a panoramic view over the valley to the main peaks. Dinner and overnight at Shipton Camp at 4200m. B,L,D
Day 3: Shipton Camp / Lenana summit / Judmaier Camp (Old Moses Camp) 9-10 hours, 21km
You leave the camp at 3am via a steep quarry that cuts through a visible part of the rock face of the lower mountain lakes and reach the Lenena summit at 6:30am. This takes about 3 hours. After sunrise the descent to Shipton Camp takes 2 hours for breakfast and further 4 hours down to Old Moses Camp for dinner and overnight. B,L,D
Day 4: Judmaier Camp / Sirimon / Nairobi 2-3 hours, 9km
Descent 2 hours for 15 km to the forest clearing to drive there with a 4x4 transfer vehicle to the Chogoria village, where a transfer vehicle waits back to Nairobi. B,L
- Guaranteed price / Guaranteed trekking performance with confirmation
- Transfer to and from the foot of the mountain
- Accommodation with full board during the hike
- Catering plan as indicated: B=breakfast, L=lunch and D=dinner
- Accommodation in camps/cottages according to itinerary
- All entrance fees to the park including taxes
- Supervised by an English speaking professional guide, carrier and experienced cook
- Treated water on the walk
- After completion, trekking certificate
- Start and finish Nairobi or Diani Beach
- Laundry service, sleeping bags, drinks/drinks, accommodation before the hike and climbing equipment
- International flights
- Visa for Kenya
- Personal items
- All other extras not listed in the itinerary above.
- up to 75th to 60th day before departure 40% of the total price.
- from the 59th to the 40th day before departure 60% of the total price.
- from the 39th to the 30th day before departure 80% of the total price,
- from the 29th day before departure 100% of the total price,
- as well as on the day of departure or no-show 100% of the tour price.
- The final payment is due 22 days before the trekking starts.